This recipe came from my cousin Tamara (originally from www.everydaypaleo.com.) She says it is delicious and didn’t take long to prepare. I will take her word for it and let you all know about it – I think I’ll try it this weekend – looks absolutely yummy and very healthy!
- ½ cup home made mayo
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Hot sauce to taste (I used Tapatio)
- In a food processor or blender add all of the above ingredients and blend together until smooth.
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped( didn’t have one on hand so used pomegranate)
- Juice from ½ a lime ( I used lemon)
- 1/2 a bunch of cilantro, diced (also added a kiwi diced)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together the above ingredients and set aside.
- 1 pound halibut (Or however much you want to make! One pound served two adults.)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Season both sides of the fish filets with salt and pepper.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan over medium to medium high heat.
- Once the oil in the pan is nice and hot, place the fish filets in the hot coconut oil in and cook for 3-4 minutes per side
- Serve the fish topped with the Mango Ginger Salsa and drizzled with the Cilantro Sauce.