My friend Eloise makes the yummiest toasted granola – I asked for the recipe and she was kind enough to provide it so I am sharing with you.
2½ c. oats
½ c. of each:
- sunflower seeds
- sesame seeds (I find these are small I don’t always use them)
- pumpkin seeds
- wheat bran (optional)
- wheat germ (optional)
- powdered milk (optional)
- canola oil
- honey (&/or maple syrup – I use ½ of each)
- slivered almonds
- shredded coconut, if desired
- dried cranberries [raisins – I sometimes use both]
- some cinnamon to sprinkle in
- Heat oil & honey
- Mix grains & almonds, then mix in the heated oil/honey
- Preheat baking sheet(s)
- Spread on large baking sheet(s)
- Bake at 325º for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven, mix, then bake for further 10 min.
- Remove from oven, mix again, and bake further 8-10 min. until toasty (it could take a little longer – I wait until it’s looking brown).
- Add cranberries/raisins when done.
Sprinkled over yogurt is the way I had this and what a fabulous breakfast!