I came across this blog (which I now follow), and it looked like the perfect cold weather comfort bowl for either breakfast, lunch or dinner! I saw it on a blog called nutritionist in the kitch. It seems she came across it on a site called Damn Delicious (that’s how blogs work – stuff gets linked around – although you always link it back to the original place the recipe came from).
Check out the blog at the link below (photo is by nutritionist in the kitch):
I am including the recipe below but check out the site as it really is great.
Cook time 10 mins
Total time 20 mins
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ¼ cup prepared marinara sauce
- 2 large organic eggs
- ¼ cup part-skim mozzarella, shredded
- 2 tablespoons light parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add oil to a saucepan and heat at medium, add in onions and sautee until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add in spinach and sautee until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in marinara sauce and sautee until heated through.
- Transfer mixture to a ceramic soup bowl or individual sized ramekin.
- Crack in both eggs.
- Top with cheese and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and broil for an additional 2 minutes until cheese is bubbling.